BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 21:44:30 -0500
Larry, I don't agree with you, although maybe I can't be so long-winded
in saying why.  We often didn't agree on an application and its
appropriateness, so this is no surprise.  Of course, Norm agrees with
you, and there are others as well.  Still, my feelings as stated in my
last posting are current.

Probably 50% (not your stated measely 1%) of the old bus station in Ann
Arbor will be reconstructed on a new foundation that will allow for a
full basement over the entire site.  The original treatment has been
long obliterated, which included not only the bus drive-through, but
also the front-to-back waiting area and rear doors to the waiting
buses.  Only the front portion of the open station interior remains, and
this can be reconstructed with the facade, and incorporated as the lobby
of the new 10-story building.  This seems like a logical and
complementary evolution of the building over time that justifies
approval of the plan.  It is also financially defensible and consistent
with other downtown development plans for the city.

Perhaps I can attach a scan of the original and proposed plans...

Ilene