BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 06:15:30 -0800
"Michael P. Edison" wrote:

> He killed himself a few years ago, apparently having decided it just wasn't
> fun anymore.

Suicide is not a particularly pleasant topic for me:

1) my brother's best friend, who lived with us and worked with me, hung
himself in his parent's basement a day after Xmas over a troubled relationship
with a girl who was not sure if she loved him

2) once my closest friend, his sister jumped off a bridge into a stone gorge
while her mother was chasing her... which is odd right now because I swear I
saw her double last week

3) a close friend, a writer, either slipped off the parapet of the stone
bridge, or intentionally fell, he was clumsy and depressed, the same bridge as
used by #2

4) an acquaintance in a poetry group I used to attend in Washington, DC shot
himself one weekend.

All of these happened within a two year span. Before it all happened I had the
bright idea to write a long poem called "Gorging Out". I now watch what I
choose as a subject. None of it was pleasant.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease