BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:20:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/98 9:00:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I guess one could travel from Williamsburg to Gaitersburg on the evening
>  of the 10th and pack in a double-whammy of conferencing and networking.

Ilene,

There are those who will do this, sort of, and those who are only interested
in attending one event. Seems there are enough of all persuasions to go
around.

I have not seen many craftspeople attend the APT event and the IPTW event is
specific to the needs of preservation craftspeople. This way at least there
are venues for different interests. For both events the focus is historic
preservation, but for each it is catering to a different audience. At the IPTW
lectures are restriced in favor of hands-on demonstrations. The Track D at
IPTW is oriented toward documentation, but it is documentation as seen through
the eyes of the craftsperson, with the idea of building a voice for the
trades.

Thanks for the encouragement and see in in Colonial Williamsburg,
][<en