NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Cathy O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:19:13 -0800
> The only marg. I can find that is paerve is Fleishman's =
> Unsalted Diet and that has too much water in it to bake with.  Thanks:)
>
> Anne

We have Fleishman's unsalted regular (not diet) margarine available here and
it works just fine for baking.  Shortening seems to work well in place of
margarine too, if you can't find that.  Maybe you could ask your grocery store
to carry the product.  If your child is also allergic to soy, I did manage to
find a soy free vegetable shortening here in Canada, so they are available.

Cathy