BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Infarct a Laptop Daily\"" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Philip Cryan Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:15:17 EST
David,

Good to get your perspective again, knowing more of your environs. I have
found the burra Charter to be helpful (much more so than the secretary of
interior standards, and so many of the Eurocentric charters) in developing a
book for the Hopi Tribe (in Arizona) to employ for conserving millennia-old
(over abused word that it is these days) architecture. Stuff like the Venice
Charter was particularly useless. Not abusing your compliment about
"Salts?", I refer you to another article, encompasing standards in light of
indigenous work based of my experience. It's at:
"Snow and Fire in the Fourth World: Perspectives on Western Preservation and
Hopi Cultural Preservation Initiatives:
http://gamma.rwu.edu/users/pcm/pub/usicomos.html

To all,

If you have suggestion for adding other charters or standards to the
following list, please let me know. For that matter, I am looking for
similar lists so I don't have to compile them myself!

Standards and Charters
http://arch.rwu.edu/hp/degree/courses/HP431/charters.html

Take care,

Philip