BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - Dwell time 5 minutes." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Michael P. Edison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:31:56 -0400
Message text written by "BP - Dwell time 5 minutes."
>> using the maximum workable amount of water?

What is "workable'?

][<en<

Workability is in the trowel of the beholder, I suppose. But given the flow
to which we have to mix these mortars for preparation of cubes for
compressive strength testing under the standard practice, it seems to me
that "workable" means "wet". We did go through the exercise of comparing
what guys on the job considered workable and how that compared to the
standard flow requirements, and found that the guys laying new brickwork
were pretty close to the standard, while repointing mixtures were being
made much drier.

Mike E.