BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - Dwell time 5 minutes." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Anne Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:18:16 EST
In a message dated 1/21/99 11:26:58 AM, LELAND wrote:

<<What I need to know is has anyone worked on a

project and had first hand experience with either the JOS, ERASOFT or ARMEX

systems?>>

Jos came out and demonstrated on a project of ours.  We weRe trying to strip a
very veRy tough wateRproofing mateRial from exterior walls of a 17 story
building.  The system is very inteResting -- steam based. The Canadian rEp
happened to be in the Midwest and came through ChIcago for us.  you have to
purchase their machine, and they have chemical cleaneRs which go with their
system.  it is much like hIgh (or low...) prEssurE water -- in our case we
needed hIgh prEssurE, which ended up eating away at the substraite.  Another
problem was how carry the geneRator on the hanging stage (electric, water
supply, weight, sound)

The citY of chicago uses the armex system supposedly.   i haven't seen it in
action.  i hear that it is abbrasive, although less abrasive than sand
(naturally).  Steve Kelley at wiss janey elster may know.  He's also had
experience with the facade gommage system.
good luck.  i'd like to hear what you find out about erasoft.
anne sullivan (who's keyboard is aCting psyChotic)