BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - Dwell time 5 minutes." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:34:23 EST
John;
My Grandfather was a Newspapper man up from N'awlins in the roaring 20's to
seek fame and fortune in New York at the Daily news . The World; and Mirror
and later for the Star Ledger where he penned an avaition line for a curious
public hungry for this new machine and its hero's.
Scratching the surface of his archives which my elderly Uncle has in shoe
boxes undocumented ( in Montclair N.J.)
I came across a glass plate negative of  the Lindberg engine  hanging at
Curtis Wright air field LI just after it came out of the "Crate"; next to it
was my Grandfather; and the fusalage of the Spirit of St. Louis;
 there were other pictures of my father and my two uncles as 5 7 3 yr. olds
with the plane and "Lucky Lindy" there was also a roll of teletype with the
day to day intrigues of the "trial of the Century" kidnapping trial of
Lindbergs baby..
..years ago I was in Maui getting a tour of the old "coral rock jail"
followed by a tour of a  cannabis plantation when my host diverted his jeep
and showed me Lindbergs grave ...in a most peaceful location overlooking the
sea...the guy never could find peace...
.bearing all this in mind I ...recently I found in a junk shop a 30's framed
print of the Spirit of St. Louis in  the clouds over the sea with a new dawn
breaking....I hung it in a peaceful place ..thanks for the crate story..(any
pictures?.).
 another aviation story regarding Maine was the two "lost french aviators who
pre date Lindberg  that were supposedly lost over Maine( at night) a year or
two before Lindberg coming from France ...does anyone know who they were? and
has anything ever been found?  .regards Michael