Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:20:20 -0500
From:
Pamela Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you to all who responded to my question is there anyone else out
there...?

Whether or not I am officially celiac seems irrelevant.  The gold standard
for celiac is the biopsy and since going back on w,r,o& b would probably set
off my allergies, it's unlikely that I'll do it any time soon.
As has been pointed out, my symptoms are caused by gluten, therefore I'm
welcome to read, take and give advice.  Makes sense to me.  Thanks for the
clarification.
Many have asked for the foods that are vasoactive amines and I've included
the list.

The doc who diagnosed me as not having the enzyme that digests gluten told
me also to avoid vasoactive amines
Beer, wine and brandy.
Shellfish [ my eyes itched for two days after lobster last weekend.]
Apples, avocado, tomatoes, plums and bananas, mushrooms and
raspberries, oranges, tangerines, pineapples, raisins and grapes, figs,
dates and prunes and LEMons and juices of any of these!
ALSO sugar, dextrose and honey.
Sauerkraut, walnuts, pecans, coffee, tea, vanilla, extracts [artificial or
natural], cola, soft drinks, yogurt, sour cream, yeast extracts, soy sauce
and Worcestershire sauce.
Meat and cheese are not on my diet except for feta and rice cheeses.
However, to complete the list:
 Cheddar, Blue cheese and Stilton.
Pork, sausage, bacon, ham, luncheon meats, hot dogs, anchovies, pickled or
dried fish, chicken livers, kippers and any processed meats.
Vasoactive amines dilate/constrict blood vessels.
"Many people shown to be sensitive to this group of compounds should be
advised to avoid vasoactive amines."
So sayeth the Dr.
I try to remember that one hundred years ago, I'd have died.  So, since I'm
lucky I continue to fight to be grateful for knowing which foods I must
avoid to be healthy.
I'm also to walk briskly twenty minutes a day.
I hope this is helpful.
Pam
Auburn, NY