From:
Raymond Hornung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 11:49:41 +0900
I recently had the same problem with a FIC 2002 mobo. As so many people
have mentioned, all cables are not created equally.  Unfortunately, even
with the manufacturer's cables, neither of my serial ports work. Another
good deal that turned out less than good.  I changed the BIOS settings
to disable both on-board serial ports and installed an inexpensive
serial card. Win95 recognized it and it worked immediately.  I've since
ordered a new/warrantied board to replace this one.

Ray Hornung

Daniel Leung wrote:

> My recent job is to find out why Win95 would not "see" the serial mouse
> on this MoBo, system is K6-2-300, no name MoBo, 64 Meg SDRAM. BIOS
> setting for com1 is standard 3F8, com2 is 2F8. Win95 see both com port
> OK(no yellow mark), but won't see the Microsoft J mouse either
> attrached to com 1 or 2. Try load mouse.exe in DOS mode, said it cannot
> find the mouse. The mouse and cable combination has been tested in
> another system and is OK. What is the next logical step to test? TIA

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**