NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katherine Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:10:37 EST
In a message dated 12/6/98 3:45:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Any comments on when NOT to use the Energy Foods egg replacer?  The box
 says it's hit or miss on whether it will work correctly, I was just
 wondering if anyone has found a pattern.  I can use real eggs in any
 cookies with nuts or chocolate, it's just the ones for my daughter that I
 try to avoid them.  She's not terribly sensitive, but if we avid them we
 can cheat on other things :-)

I stopped using that all the time and now use Arrowroot Powder - you can find
it at any healthfood store.  Makes wonderful crispy cookies... I usually
sprinkle it in things that have egg (works great in meatloaf) or use about 2
TBS water and enough to make it white for eggs.

Katherine