NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Arthur Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:35:47 -0400
From: Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:09:43 -0400 Linda Murray <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I have tried the standard egg replacements (oil or vinegar,water, baking
>powder) listed in the Food Allergy Network cookbook with the Duncan
Hines
>cakes without much luck.  The case rises okay but as soon as it cools
>it
>falls rapidly and is difficult to eat.

I also am allergic to eggs. I use a substance called Egg replacer. It's
basically a powder made mostly of vegetable gums that you mix with water.

If you need to bind it some more you can add things (if not allergic) like
peanut butter, soy flour, rice milk  or wheat gluten.

I get fairly good results with Duncan Hines yellow cake mix, the egg
replacer and rice milk instead of water.