From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 17:19:19 +0200
At 17:12 1998-09-04 -0700, Mary wrote:
>Dear Hans and list,
>
>What  ratio of meat to olive oil do  you use (in your pemmican)? Like how
>many teaspoons to how many teaspoons?

Just as much to "satisfy" the meat, so it looks "wet".
The amount of oil will vary depending oof the meat. If it was ground
before dehydrating, it is kind of grainy and will need little oil.
If it was cut in slices along muscles, it looks fibrous and will need
a lot of oil. I just start mixing with some oil and fill in more until
it looks good. Then I fill the mixture in small plastic boxes and press
it down with a fork to make it compact, and store in the fridge.
You have to have an idea of how much meat there was from the beginning
to estimat portion size, otherwise it is easy to eat too much. The
feeling of satisfaction is delayed, kind of.

- Hans