NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:32:23 -0400
>Just wanted to thank everybody for your posts about anaphilaxis. I am
>not allergic to mold as far as I know but I am anaphilactic to dust
>mites and it is very much the same thing. For me the bad season is
>also now and I have discovered that I become over sensitive to everything
>during this time. I have also had near-anaphilactic reactions after cleaning
>at home or when wearing contaminated clothes. Also, food contaminated with
>mites is a big issue for me. Anyone knows a good site about inhalant
>allergies?

If it's worse this time of year, you may well be allergic to ragweed
(depending on where you live). In the NorthEast US it's in full force right
now, starting to drop of fin the next couple of weeks.

I've never thought of food being contaminated with mites. Are you sure
you've got this right?

If you're having a lot of trouble right now, you may also have trouble with
things that don't normally push you over your "threshold of tolerance". You
may also have trouble with melons and safflower oil, both cross-reactive
with ragweed.

Mark Feblowitz