NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:26:06 -0500
J.T. & Dale Robin Lockman wrote:

> I was dismayed to learn that Barbara's Bakery in Petaluma CA, a very
> reliable company, in my opinion, when it comes to labelling, has a
> product that is labelled as dairy free and vegan, but is now certified
> OU-D.

It can't be vegan and OU-D.  Is it made on a contaminated line?

Has anyone had a reaction to Power Bar's Harvest Blend friut bars?  I
called and was told that she thought they were made on a dedicated line
and that only the chocolate had a teeny bit of dairy and that was in the
chips.  I then read to her off the &*%$ label that it had non-fat dried
milk also in the mix.  She replied with shock.  Oh boy.

Of course, I couldn't convince her to let me talk with someone who might
really know.  Anyone else have more luck?

--
Kathy Wentz                   Childhood should be a journey-
[log in to unmask]                 not a race.  Homeschool