NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:20:18 +0100
Sorry if I'm a bit late in this thread but most inhalers do use lactose as
an  excipient however the pharmaceutical industry feel that their isn't
enough lactose to cause a problem - tell that to my daughter and by the
sound of it most of yours. A solution possibly

In the UK Bricanyl a Turbohaler is available. I quote from the ABPI data
sheets
Terbutaline is a selective Beta2-adrenergic agonist recommended for the
relief and prevention of bronchospasm in bronchial asthma and other
brochopulmonary disorders in which bronchospasm, or reversible airways
obstruction, is a complicating factor.

Now the good news it is lactose free, no additives and ozone friendly. I
hope it is available in the US and Canada and that it might be of use to
some of the asthma suffering children and adult.
In the UK it's manufactured by Astra pharmaceuticials.

Good luck to everyone who is trying hard to find lactose free medication,
oh yes don't take homeopathic medication either in tablet form it's mainly
lactose and affects my daughter terribly.

Alan

      UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/yd71/index.htm