BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:07:32 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From:   Rudy Christian [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   January 8, 1999 4:36 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Spelunking

In a message dated 1/8/99 9:26:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<I'm not sure the connection that
 can be made from timber framing to caves, but I could see a BP raising
 spelunking adventure tour in the future.  >>

You're right.... probably a more direct tie to mining. But you never know
what's around the corner until you turn it. Count me in. (Cumberland Lake is
one of my all time favorite childhood memories:) Do we need to worry about the
KY-2 thing?

Hey!  Seems like poetry is enjoying a revival on B-P.  Rudy, Lake Cumberland is one of my all time favorite _college_ memories, so I'll bore the old-timers with a reprise of one of my sophomoric poems (coincidentally, this trip occured during my sophomore year):

Lake Cumberland, Kentucky

In the rousing words of a resounding
Yell which frequently echoed; lake, hill, to dell.
Sixteen voices from two houseboats,
The lusty cheer rose from our throats:

THIS PLACE IS JUST BEAUTIFUL!
Dan Becker,  Executive Director            "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                     from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                             - Bullwinkle J. Moose