BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 15:01:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/98 3:26:34 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

<<Now I'm wondering>>

My kids have heard most of the stories, silly, noble, brave and stupid, from
my youth.  They've heard them from friends and from less friendlies.  It
doesn't seem to matter.  One is an artist...as I was, but has no interest in
challenging the status quo...let alone anything requiring passion...still she
thinks about her actions and compares it to what she thinks is the norm...good
enough for the old man.  The younger two are also like me and unlike me in
their own ways.  Like their mother and unlike her.  Hell, they are like each
other and unlike each other.  So rest assured, she has learned something from
you getting kicked out of the Boy Scouts, but you may not know what right
away.  My guess is that she learned that good people sometimes get kicked out
of good organizations for good reasons and its okay.

-jc