From:
The Sheffers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:47:24 +0000

Hi Listmembers,

I saw a posting on Juvela flour, and I must comment on that:

Juvela flour is made with "gluten free wheat starch" which is the
main ingredient. According to the information given to me by the
importer, it might contain 0.3% gluten.
This supposedly GF flour is produced by "whashing out" the gluten
from the wheat. This is usually done in order to get "pure" gluten
which is used as an additive in the commercial food production.

This flour have been sold in Israel for many years. Some Celiacs do
not report any reaction to it and some do.

The Israeli Gluten Intolerance Organization does NOT recommend this
product to be consumed.

I wish you all good health and Happy New Year to all the Jewish
members worldwide.

Regards

Eyal
Dr. Eyal Sheffer,