RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:50:10 -0500
> Ellie:
> There are many reasons for the poor track record of various therapies.
> The most important, I think, is because therapists do not help the
> client redirect anger during the session. A person could be in primal
> therapy and have a primal but not direct anger toward early abusers. A
> successful primal that helps to relieve symptoms is one in which the
> person redirects anger toward early abusers.
>
> Peter:
> Primal therapy is very much about redirecting not only anger but also
> need and fear towards the (possible) neglect of early caretakers.  In
> fact ten thousands of primal patients have spent hundreds of hours each
> venting and directing their childhood pains and frustrations towards
> these figures - in most cases with only sore throats and empty wallets
> to show for it. ;-)

Peter, and Ellie, I am very, very interested in this topic. I've spent many
years thinking, reading, studying, lecturing, and writing articles about
this subject; and it really is at the core of what I do in my work. I am a
nutritionist, but I discovered a long time ago that it is impossible to try
to separate not only the _behaviors_ of eating, but in fact the physiology
and biochemistry of how foods are processed in the body, from a person's
psychological issues and state of mind. So, for me to have been able to
actually help people regain their health through diet, I've had to learn
how to tackle the psychological issues as well.

I'm not sure if this discussion might not be off topic for this list -
maybe Dave will give some guidance here. If it is in fact off topic, I
would be very eager to carry this on privately, with you'all (and whoever
else might be interested).

In my opinion, this is no small matter. From my experience, most all
dietary questions are completely intertwined with psychological ones.

Love,  Liza

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)