From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:53:51 -0700
>Hmmm...  Several of the other PA-20xx boards
>show version numbers in the 6.15 region. Any
>chance that your board is actually not a -2000,
>but a -2005 or something like that?

Actually, there is a very good chance that might
be the case.  The only stamping I could find was
right next to the Socket 5, it says:

Model: PA-2000
Doc: 14250

On the back is a sticker with:
K5546148
PA-2000
T5K279-A 05/'95

The Award BIOS chip is marked as having v6.13.
Is it possible to lookup the Award BIOS by
serial number? I know a company named Unicom
(I think) handles Award's BIOS updates.

I couldn't find any FCC number for lookup, so I
just went with what it said for the model number,
but that doesn't always mean it could be right.

The chip closest to the CPU is marked:
VIA
VT82C575MV
VA1J-7020
JAPAN  9516EAI CD

I guess if I plan on building anything out of
the motherboard, I may have to accept that it
won't use the larger drives.  Oh darn, have
to buy another drive...<grin>!

Still open to any ideas, or if someone has access
to a manual.  I seem to remember seeing some kind
of a database that was available that listed ALL
settings for drives, mobo, you name it.  Anyone
have something like that they might be able to
use?  I thought ForeFront offered something
like that...

THANKS!