From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:11:51 -0500
>To withold food when the body REALLY wants it is self-punishment.

REALLY wants is actually interpretable.  Do you mean when you are hungry, have the munchies, or
just feel like eating?  I would like to re-emphasize that my (very paleo) aproach to CR requires
none or at least very little discomfort.  Very similar to obese people just watching what they
eat.  Now there you will get some real complaints about suffering, when someone actually has to
hold back a little.

>Who wants to live in self-punishment, especially if you LIVE LONGER?!!!
a) If there is no substantial hunger or other "suffering" is there any self-punishment in
providing the body nutritious food?

b)  The life extension CR (and I believe proper paleo) diet offers excellent health AND
longevity.  So, the longer part of your life, the youthful and middle age part, is extended, and
the "falling apart at the end" stage remains about the same, or is shorter than it may have
been.

>Aaron

I am a little surprised by your post.  Aren't you a raw foods type guy?  I'll bet that you fall
well into the CR range of calorie intake, although you mentioned you don't count.

James
"I think there's a world market for
 about five computers."
    -Thomas Watson (Founder of IBM)