NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Scott/Debbie Kempf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:52:57 -0400
Sally wrote:
> >Hi all!  I am new to the group.  I have a two year old son who is fatally
> >allergic to milk protien (along with peanuts and eggs).  He is just now
> >getting to the point where he realizes he is 'different'.  Any tips out there?
-----------------------
I have a 5 yr old daughter with the same allergies.  The Food Allergy
Network has proven to be an invaluable resource for us (I've attended
their annual spring conference and we've purchased teaching videos,
recipe books, pantry stickers [similar to "Mr. Yuck" that enable us to
clearly designate off-limit foods for those times when grandma
babysits], neon-colored stickers listing Colleen's allergies that I
affix to school papers and that I ask the dentist and doctor to affix to
their records concerning Colleen, and a red clip-on pouch that is
labeled as a "medication kit" and is large enough to carry liquid
Benadryl and an EpiPen. You can visit FAN at
http://www.foodallergy.org
        You can also review the archives of the NO-MILK mailing list at
http://www.panix.com/~nomilk/list.html for lots of useful information
and support (You can review some of Mark Feblowitz's other eloquent and
insightful posts there!).

        The allergy message board at www.parentsoup.com is pretty active and
will let you know at a glance that you are not alone in your struggles
on behalf of your child.  Best wishes to you and your family.
Debbie