BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Artiarch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:03:51 EDT
OK, I have a confession.

When I was in the seventh grade my parents took us to the lovely Detroit for
Spring Break.  (I had just had my first home do-it-yourself perm and looked
like Bozo the Clown, but that's another story).  It was 1977.  We had just
calmed down after the excitement of the Bicentennial. ;-)  Along with going to
see how corn flakes were made by the Kellogg company, we went to Greenfield
Village

I think that this had a major effect on my life.  Not the bad perm, the chance
to see and experience a number of different architectural styles First Hand.
I grew up in the midwest -- we are relatively culturally bereft.

I know how all we historic preservationists feel about the likes of
Williamsburg, or Greenfield Village, or, God knows, Disney World.  But going
in to those buildings in Greenfield Village really piqued my interest in
architecture.  In old buildings.

And now I am an architect specializing in Historic Preservation.  Thank you,
Mr. Ford.  I could have used a scholarship, but we'll go with what we've got.

Anne Sullivan