RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:13:31 -0500
I've always found very confusing information about the relationship between
urine PH, saliva PH, and health.  Dr. Emmanuel Revici used to treat cancer
patients and others based upon this information and make his own medications
to adjust PH.  He believed the body should cycle and that one had to map
one's PH over the course of several days and weeks.  He argued that cancer
patients are too acidic and have to raise their PH, while those susceptible
to viruses are usually too alkaline.  I've read in other books and heard
from other practitioners that a particular PH is ideal but then noone has
clarified for me yet the relationship between blood PH (which should be
slightly alkaline) and urine PH.  It seems to me that PH is going to vary
depending upon what one has recently eaten -- high calcium low phosphorus
foods will make it alkaline, lots of phosphorus will make it acidic (and of
course there are other variables). I'd love to understand this better as it
seems important and a good way to monitor one's own health.

Michael Coyle says that fungus can't live in an alkaline environment so that
candida, for example, likes acid tissues, whereas bacteria like the alkaline
environment of the blood.  So what to do?  I've got both bacteria and fungus
and parasites (see my earlier posting 'Stool test results') and the Dr's
approach was to use herbs to kill everything and implant healthy bacteria
while keeping the colon open.  I elected to avoid the killing part but am
adding more healthy bacteria (acidophilus as I have enough bifidus) and
trying to keep everything moving along with sufficient fiber, exercise, and
a product called Purizone which is a magnesium oxide.  The vendor (Pat
McKay) is a raw foods advocate who works with animals.  Her literature
claims that Purizone brings extra oxygen into the gut which tends to support
aerobic bacteria (the healthy critters) and weaken anaerobic bacteria and
other anaerobic critters.  This make sense to me as ozone therapy,
especially when it is done by those who remove the blood, as in clinics in
Germany, is very effective at eliminating unhealthy pathogens and
strengthening healthy blood cells.  Whether Purizone can have the same
effect in the gut remains to be seen.  I think I'll contact her to see what
studies formed the basis of her product development.

Janis