RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 06:26:21 -0500 (EST)
Hi Kirt and everyone else,
I'm still alive (maybe!), but primarily in lurking mode.  Am in the midst
of doing my student teaching internship, working to make money, and
taking a few classes.  Shelton would be turning in his grave if he knew
the hours I kept.  I feel like shit, I don;t have the time to live
properly, but the good news is that it all ends on May 2nd (tick, tick, tick)
Welcome to the public school system, the land of Friday morning facultu
breakfasts, a constant barrage of food items not fit for human consumption
(yet I have tasted).  Yesterday I brought a pint of kumquats (hey, can we
change the name?  It makes me laugh, this one) for lunch.  I saod nothing
about what I was eating, but everyone in the room (about 5 people) INITIATED
conversation about my food.  I ended up offering them to everyone, so I
had 1 pint-five which was fine in my book. I didn't talk about my diet at
all!
Another time a fourth grade teacher was talking about all of the ADD, and
I said it has to be partially (I really think 100% or at least high numbers)
due to the processed food.  She then said no one cooked anymore.  She
procedded to ask me if I cooked at home, and I answered. "no".  "See what
I mean, everyone relies on take-out"  I wanted to clarify for the record,
so I told her that I ate at home, but didn't cook.  "You mean you eat
every thing raw?"  "Yeah, kinda" was my response.  End of conversation.
I quickly changed it to the ADD kids and ritalin, so I didn't have to
talk about myself.

Has anyone seen a school lunch menu recently?  The sloppy joes on a
hamburger roll should be renamed "Could I have some red death on the
white death."  If anyone is interested, I'll post the week's menu for the
kids at my school.  HHHmmmmm, the kids eat this and then have problems
sitting down and paying attention.

basically wanted to claim my space the cyber worls to let Kirt know I'm
still here.  Totally sleep deprived, but here nevertheless.

Meredith