From:
"Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 14:15:30 EST
In a message dated 1/31/99 1:03:21 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< My first time to send.  Excuse any impropriety.
 Question below in body.

 On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:51:45 EST "Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
 writes:
 >In a message dated 1/30/99 3:38:23 PM Central Standard Time,
 >[log in to unmask] writes:

 But how does a newbie know what programs are running in the background
 and which can, and should, be disabled?  I assume this is done via
 Ctrl-Alt-Delete, but I'm not sure.

OK, what I do is "right" click on the icons at the bottom in your taskbar.
Each icon will give you a small menu.  You will either click on close, exit,
or disable.  However, you will have to go through your control panel to select
"none" for wallpaper and "none" for screensaver.  Be sure to click on Apply at
the bottom and OK.  You close all programs except for your sound and display.
If you are new at this you may not have too many things running.  You even
disable your virus protection the same way.  I'm sure you have one of those
running all the time.  However, the main thing is your screensaver and
wallpaper.  Don't worry, everyone reading this has been where you are at the
beginning.  In fact, I am just barely past the "beginning" myself.

Susan Hays

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com