From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 16:06:36 -0600
I would check the following:
Is the boot sequence in your BIOS set to A,C not just C?
Double check the boot disk on known good drive.
If the first two don't correct the problem, try to use a known good 3.5"
drive in the new machine.  I built a PC once with a new floppie drive,
and the drive itself was bad, so I got the exact same syptoms.

Dan Shaughnessy

> This is an AMD 350 K-6 built on an Aopen AX59 Pro board with the 1 meg cache.
>
> The machine boots up normally, and I can get in to setup with no problem.
> Video is good and all that.
>
> When I exit setup and the bootup process continues, I get a "BOOT DISK
> ERROR. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" message. This repaets with a
> bootable floppy in the drive.
>
> It appears to be a problem with the floppy, but I'm not sure. Everything
> looks to be connected properly, and the floppy is detected in the CMOS
> setup. And lastly, I know I have a bootable disk.
>
> Any suggestions?

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com