From:
"S. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 00:08:17 -0400
e are trying to install a Compaq Presario as a workstation in a Win95
network utilizing a 10 meg ethernet hub and a KTI 32bit PCI network
interface
card and cat. 5 cabling.  It appears that the network card, the card
drivers,
the NetBUI protocol and the Client for Microsoft Network software are
correctly installed and configured although we had to download and install a
proprietary Compaq ROM-BIOS upgrade to accomplish the taks.  When one
properly
"logs-in" to the workstation, it is recognized by the other workstations on
the network and it can browse the network.

The logon process is not being authenticated to any server (peer to peer
network). After erasing the pwl files go to passwords in control panel and
enable user profiles. This will give you a logon when you reboot. This will
allow you to customize the user's desktop, etc. settings. If you want to
share files then enable file sharing and setup passwords on each
workstation. I assume your workgroup settings are the same on each machine.
Let me know how you make out.

Shawn M. Shea

E-mail - [log in to unmask]
URL - www.angelfire.com/ca/rockice