From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:53:12 -0500
Brad Loomis wrote:

> Is it possible to extract or copy drivers off the hard drive to a floppy?
> This would be in order to save the hunt and download routine for someone
> that doesn't have all the proper disks for their 2nd hand Packhard Bell. The
> other problem is in looking at the PB site, I was unable to locate much for
> this machine, PB2950. Apparently you need some kind of PB interface in order
> to get this kind of info. This is to reinstall Win95 after fdisk and
> formatting the drive.
> Thanks,
> Brad Loomis

Sure, if you know the name of the file. Right-click "Send To" 3 1/2
Floppy (A). I would assume you need a CD driver, if you can't find it,
you can try Roxanne Pierce's ftp site
ftp://ftp.connectnet.com/pub/users/r2sys/outgoing/
look for file D011V211.SYS. It's a generic CD driver that might work for
your purposes. For a refresher on adding CD drivers to start-up disk,
check out http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/tip_help/stump042298.html

Kelly

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**