From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 23:01:12 -0500
Mark,

I am assuming that you use Win95.  If so, you might try this: Go to My
Computer, Control Panel, System, Device select the CDrom and select
properties.  Check that the CDrom is *NOT* selected for syncronizing data
transfer.

Apparently this selection is designed to allow faster >24x? Cdroms to load
some older software or at least a different standard.  I was unable to load
the drivers for a Canon Printer and tried to get Canon to replace the CDrom.
They informed me of the selection and told me that the Canon CD would not
work unless this was selected to slow down my CD.  [I was not impressed],
and I noticed that it affected the machine performance overall to have this
selected.

Mike Buraczewski