From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:21:18 ADT
> During the fast, i ate mostly fresh halibut along with perch and two
> other types i can't remember.

Unless the other two types were fattier than the ones you listed, it
is probable that you did not have enough essential fatty acids from
your food, which would not have been true before the fish fast when
you were eating lots of salmon.  If your diet was deficient in EFAs,
I would expect the strength and stamina decreases.  Also, the
observation that you might have been deficient in calories could also
be linked to eating lower-fat species of fish.

> In  10 days  i plan on starting to switch between wild fish, buffalo,
> and venison (if i can get some).  I want to go two months without eating
> any grain-fed animals.

If you have a reliable source for Alaskan fish, you can be confident
it will be wild.  By law, Alaskan finfish *must* be wild.  There
aren't any fish farms up here (though mariculture of seafood/mollusk
species is permitted).

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska