From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 17:31:17 EDT

<< The fish used by Japanese restaurants for sushi and sashimi is carefully
 selected and prepared.  The fish you get in an ordinary American
 supermarket is not.  Eating this fish without cooking it might expose you
 to parasites or diseases.

 As a sushi fanatic, I always keep an ear out for reports of people getting
 sick from it.  My understanding is that it never occurs in restaurants; it
 always happens to people who tried to make sushi at home, and didn't use
 the right kind of fish. >>

What's the right kind of fish...

I bought 'sushi' grade tuna at the market the other day?

Is this supposedly ok?

Also, I've heard freezing helps to minimize risks, any word on that?

Always interested in this subject as well!

Aaron