From:
"C. Loon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:26:59 -0400
I tend to consume a fair amount of canned salmon, sardines and tuna.
(canned, mostly for convenience's sake. I'm a lazy student and I prefer
to expend most of my "gathering" energy on obtaining fresh
veggies/fruit/nuts daily at the market.)
I sometimes worry about the actual nutritional value of canned fish; does
anyone have any info on which (if any) brands are of better quality? Are
any of them wild fish, or am I just eating farmed products?

Cheyenne

re:
> Really, all seafood have high nutritonal value. Farmed fish might be
> something of an exception, since they are fed grain chow just like cattle in
> a fed lot. In fact, a catfish farm, or an Idaho trout farm, or a salmon
> farm, are really just aquatic feed lots, and very efficient ones at that.
snip