From:
"Mary E. Copeland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:57:01 -0400
I've been subscribed to this list almost since it started, but almost never
post.  This is the information I received when I subscribed:  PALEOFOOD  is
for Hunter-Gatherers following the NeanderThin Diet.  Although I enjoy the
lively discussion, I am tired of people (some of whom have not even read
the book) putting down the diet in favor of their own eating preferences.
THIS IS A SUPPORT LIST.  And it's a support list based on the book.  I
don't understand why people who don't believe in the diet join the list and
then criticize it.  I wouldn't join a low-fat list just to tell them how
wrong they were.  I don't always follow the diet.  I cheat, I use coffee
with cream, sometimes I eat cheese or a little grains, but I certainly
wouldn't promote that on this list or give newcomers the idea that it's
okay.  Honest inquiry and discussion is one thing; but all this recent "I
know better that you" attitude is getting tiring.  By the way, I've always
found Todd's questions and discussions to be open-mined and reasoned,
unlike others on the list who seem to get a kick out of provoking
controversy, and I honestly think Michael replied to the wrong person (easy
to do when things have been quoted and requoted).  And Michael, you need to
chill.  You're only hurting your brother and the work he is trying to do.

Mary Copeland