NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:50:10 +0000
Hi

The main problem with UK bread is that labelling is very poor. I suggest
you find a local baker, who you can ask what they put into their bread. Or
you speak to the baker at larger supermarkets, such as Tesco, or Sainsburys
or Asda and ask them if the raw ingredients conatin casein or whey, etc. I
tend to find that most bakers are very helpful, my local Tesco's even gave
us some yeast to make pizza bases for my dairy intolerant daughter, free of
charge. The simple solution is ask.

With regard to kosher bakers, yes they do tend to make their bread dairy
free but you must check and unless you live in a large city you won't find
a Kosher baker. E-mail off the list and I will cjheck my sources for a
local Kosher baker in your area.

Alan

      UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://www.lactoseintolerance.co.uk