NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sally Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:59:40 EDT
Thank you to all of you who welcomed me to the group and gave me such
wonderful tips and recipes!!  I am sure you all know what a relief it is to
find out I am not the only one out there!  I am sorry I have not thanked you
sooner, but most of you I am sure know what it is like to chase after a 2 year
old and how much time you get to yourself (especially since I am 8 months
pregnant)!!

I have been a member of FAN for a year and a half now but the milk free
website you all sent me to is WONDERFUL!  They have such great suggestions.
One of the things mentioned there was to get a Medic Alert bracelet as soon as
the child is old enough so that others take the allergy more seriously.  I
called Medic Alert the same day and got the bracelet three days later.  My son
loves it!  I am just amazed at the reaction of people around him.  I guess the
bracelet really puts things into perspective.

It is great to hear all of these first day/week/month of school stories.  I
already shudder at the thought of sending Peter to any kind of school but your
stories have made me realize it is possible!

Thank you, thank you and thank you again.  I am so glad I found you!

--Sally