NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:53:22 -0400
>Someone asked for the Wacky Cake Recipe last week and I haven't seen it
>posted but
>ran into it today at home.  Its birthday month at our house so I will
>share our
>favortie birthday cake recipe too.
>Wacky Cake eggless, milkless,nutless (cake mentioned on list)
>3 cups flour
>2 cups granulated sugar
>1/3 cup cocoa
>1 tsp salt
>2 tsp baking soda
>1 tsp vanilla
>2 tsp vinegar
>3/4 cup cooking oil
>2 cups water
>Put all ingredients together in vown and beat for 2 minutes.  Pour into
>ungreased
>9x13 baking pan.  Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350.  Rises well and is very moist

That's pretty close to the one that we make. I'll check the proportions.

The way that we make it is to sift all of the dry ingredients directly into
the pan, make three holes in the dry ingredients, put the vanilla in one
hole, the vinegar in the second, the oil in the third, and pour the water
over the whole thing. We then mix it with a fork until it is just mixed,
and then cook.

Mark
Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120