NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:23:07 -0700
Congratulations Robin on the great cupcake story!!

Last year we bought a cell phone ($23 a month) and use it for the school to
call us with any questions or concerns.  If I am at a meeting or out of town
my husband keeps it.  The kindergarten teacher last year called me often for
example if there were Nuts in nutmeg and to read ingredients of snacks
brought in etc.  And of course when my kids had severe asthma and needed to
come home right away it came in handy.  The bonus was when I got a flat tire
in the pouring rain on a steep hill.   At first I thought my friends with
them were overprotective....but it really is nice to be able to have a date
with my husband doing something outside or to go to lunch with him rather
than feel we have to be near the phone during the lunch hour.

My year started out great too!  My oldest teacher's mom is anaphylatic to
some foods so she is well aware of how careful she is going to be.  My other
son's first grade teacher met with me before school started.  I threw out
the idea (It is just a suggestion Mrs. M )that maybe instead of kids
bringing in treats on their birthday they could buy a gift or book for the
classroom.  She loved the idea and sent a note home asking parents to donate
a gift so that it can be enjoyed long term.