NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Scott/Debbie Kempf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:33:12 -0500
psam ordener wrote:
 At present Burger King hamburger kids meal are OK for my
milk-allergic son.

        Before eating at Burger King please check out the information on their
fries at www.non-dairy.org (Click on the word Shopping" in the left-hand
menu).  Our local Burger King is still using fries that are coated with
whey (they are using up their inventory) and they sometimes use
locally-purchased buns that contain dairy. I also am concerned with
sloppy food-handling practices--one of my children who is not
milk-allergic found bits of cheese on her burger (I think they realized
after slapping the cheese on that it was a mistake and just took the
cheese off instead of making a new burger). I suppose this could happen
in any restaurant.
        Watch out for french fries in places like TGI Friday's and Pizzeria
Uno, etc.--they are often coated with a mixture that sometimes contains
whey.
        BOTTOM LINE--if your child has an anaphylactic reaction to milk, eating
out isn't worth it.