NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:32:57 -0800
On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:31:52 +0000 Kelly & Jordan Geist
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Jonathan's first birthday is Saturday

Happy Birthday!  Alyssa's first birthday is Sunday and we are dealing
with the same issues :-)

We are using the DH Butter Recipe Golden made with Nucoa margarine.  I
prefer this one over the oil based yellow mix one that is also OU.  I
like the texture better.  I don't think I've seen the lemon frosting, but
I always go for the DH Homestyle Cream Cheese flavor.  Believe it or not,
it's OU and not dairy.  It works well.  We also like the Homestyle
Caramel flavor, but I thought the white would work better for decorating.
 Neither have any chocolate or berry, but I don't know about the
potassium thing.  Potatssium is not listed in the nutritional label.

If you are feeling adventurous about decorating, I found some tubes of
colored icings and gels that are UO.  The 2 brands were Cake Mate and Dec
A Cake.  They also have all sorts of sprinkles, but some were OUD.  I
also looked at the Wilton stuff, but too much of it was questionable.

Have fun!
Kathy

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]