NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Theresa McJunkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:18:15 -0600
>Mark Neff wrote:
>>   One of the side effects of my milk allergies is an itchy eczema type rash
>> I get mainly behind both knees.  Hydro-cortisone creams help but I don't
>> like their skin thinning side effects.  Any suggestions (either
>> over-the-counter or prescription) as an alternative to them?
>>

>Have you considered DH? You might want to investigate the CELIAC list,
>which has lots of information.

I don't think DH sounds likely.  Here's why:

A dermatologist once suspected I had Dermatitis Herpetiformis (DH).  The
sysmptoms I had which I was told were fairly classic were:  A dry itchy
rash on my scalp, elbows, kneecaps, finger-joints; tiny, numerous pimples
on my upper back.  Once the rash developed in a spot, it stayed.  One
symptom I lacked was the rash on my bottom.  They did a punch biopsy of one
of the pimples, but it came back negative. ( I knew it would because I knew
these symptoms started from a tick bite in the top of my head.  When they
did the two punch biopsies where the tick had bitten, thereby removing the
allergic tissue, my symptoms went away.)