NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katie Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 22:37:05 -0700
My daughter Rebecca enjoys the Soymage "mozzarella" and "american"
alternatives.  She likes "the white one", best.

When we realized that most soy cheeses had casein, we tried giving her
Vegan Rella.  She, like the cats, did not believe it was edible.  I
tried it and had to agree.

She had gone over a year without a cheese substitute when we found
Soymage, so there was less for her to compare it to.  I expect that
makes a difference.

On a different topic:

I am sorry to hear about the pesticides on cottonseed.  We used Mother's
Margerine while we were on vacation.  It tastes very similar to sweet
(unsalted) butter to me (but again, I'm not sure when I last had butter
:-) ).  At home we use Nucoa, which I find in my local grocery store,
and Canoleo, which is harder to find but which I like slightly better.
My kids think that they taste the same.

I would be very interested to hear what you folks know about trans-fatty
acids.

Cheers, Katie