BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:02:41 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-14 13:22:38 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

> I don't know what impact it may've had on the adjoining buildings.
>  Olin Library dates from the late 50's or the early 60's and isn't of
>  the same style as the other buildings on the quad so any impact on
>  Olin may be less of a loss (showing a prejudice against new
>  architecture).

I think one of the assets of Cornell is the mix of new and old architecture. I
particularly remember climbing around the new concrete interior of Philip
Johnson's art museum in the dark, after working hours, and swinging down
through the then empty elevator pit. This had nothing to do with construction,
I was employed at the Salt Mine at the time, but was simply a Saturday night
lark that I was sucked into by an errant architecture student who later joined
the peace corps and probably ended up as an investment banker.

][<en