BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:15:22 -0400
At least I'm not the only progammer on BP.  I have often wondered if I was
in a league of my own here.  I have been in this profession for almost 15
years, I'm not sure how many lines of code I've written, but I know it's
been plenty.

My latest endeavour has been to become the Business Applications Manager
here at Ziff-Davis Education in Rochester, NY (yes - we're a subsidiary of
Ziff-Davis Publishing, the PC magazine people).  Not as much programming
anymore, but enough to keep my skills fresh.  Prior to this, the majority
of my career has been a programmer and systems analyst for various health
insurance organizations, with a short (too long) stint with Paychex, Inc.
My latest projects include working on the development and implementation of
a web site (www.zde-order.com), which is used by our customers to order our
courseware.  I also am becoming known as the "Year 2000 Queen/Goddess" at
our company.  I write one little informational tidbit for the corporate
bulletin board/list server, and now all the mail that comes from companies
asking if we're Y2K compliant end up in my mail box expecting a response.

 I harken of late from Clifton Springs.  I am originally from Ithaca, NY
where I grew up with my 2 brothers, Jim and Ken Follett (hence the
connection to "the Ken Follett").  I am a Cub Scout Den Leader and a Boy
Scout Assistant Scout Master, as well as the sports director for the summer
Cub Resident Camp - amazing when I consider I'm about the least athletic
person I know.  This year, I have to learn LaCross before mid August so I
can teach it to about 120 wide-eyed Cub Scouts who will wonder why my voice
has changed from last year's Texas drawl (one parent last year asked if I'd
only lived in NYS for a short time since I'd not yet lost my accent - must
have been doing a pretty decent job - the look of shock on his red face
when I used my "real" voice on him!)

Anyway, Larry, I hope you're not one of the lawyers about which those
architects were advising my nephew David. ;-)

- Pam

<[log in to unmask]>  on  04/12/98 11:25:13 AM ----------

Please respond to "BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces."

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: Identity

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Ken Follett wrote:
> A recent posting to PL has swelled our numbers and, as always, I think
> it important that we all get to know each other, or whatever. Handles
> are easy, empathy is work.
Fair enough.  Looking over my accumulated files, I see that I have never
properly introduced myself here.
I'm Larry Kestenbaum.  I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and teach at two
universities.  I'm also an attorney.
I've been involved in preservation for a long time.  Currently, I'm
teaching a course in historic preservation law, and I'm chair of the Ann
Arbor Historic District Commission.