BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Dierickx <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:19:57 EST
In a message dated 3/25/99 7:41:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< he NPS is already getting ready to preserve steel siding. The Minute Man
 Missle site in South Dakota is covered in steel siding. Not only that but it
 also has lots of "home improvements" done by the guys stationed there. >>

Having done a lot of research on decorative metal roofing and siding, I have a
slightly different take on modern metal siding.   While I'm not a big fan of
it esthetically (and, like EIFS it dents, too), I do look at it as a
continuation of historic metal shingles and panels.  When was it developed? -
at least after WWII and maybe before.  This is the original cladding of many,
many houses today. We'll certainly be dealing with it as an original material
in the future.

Mary Dierickx, NYC