BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:26:43 -0500
Does anyone else remember "Block City"?  Before the days of Legos, this was
a plastic building block about 3/4 inch long with the shape and proportion
of a concrete block.  I remember going to Macy's in NYC and wanting the
biggest set they had (they came in 5 inch diameter round cardboard tubes
with screw-on metal tops.)  they were white, but there also were clear
plastic ones.  They had windows and doors but i don't remember what they did
about roofs.
Anyway, I always had them on my Christmas list, and always got some, and I
built with them until I discovered cars at the age of 14 (by the way
Pinheads, I owned an Austin Mini in college-but I only ever had two people
in it.)
Anybody got an old Block City set??
 Michael