BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:20:47 EST
Anne

I used the West System on the restoration of the Lord and Burnham palm house
at Old Westbury Gardens over 15 years ago. The pump system was absolutely
flawless, I was able to have a completely unskilled apprentice perform all
mixing. We used the stuff for repairs to existing material, and for scarfing
and laminating of new cypress members. Fillers are available in several
consistencies, including fibrous and microballoons. The work has withstood
some fairly difficult conditions, i.e. high humidity as well as fairly intense
heat in the summer.  I recommend it highly. Makes you want to build a boat.

Mike Devonshire