RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Dr. Jerry Knox BA, DC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:46:49 EST
sure, of course if you take antibiotics from a doctor you get them. However,
most come from animal products. In cramped conditions infections spread
rapidly among domestic animals. This is particularily a problem with
poultry-- chickens, turkeys etc. For this reason these animals are frequently
given large doses of antibiotics in mass This also applies to antibiotic
soaked chickens eggs. It can also happen with other animals, and be and is  a
problem with milk. The primary source however is poultry.  So any domestic
animal product is a possible. Vegetarian sources are virtually none--- this
is why vegans have an almost non existant level of candidiasis etc.

thanks

Jerry
Dr Jerry G Knox BA, DC

my info on vegans is from being one as well as being in practice for 23 years
and having vegan patients that have been pure vegan for up to 4 decades with
no B12 supplementation that I have personally known. I don't doubt that
vegans have a higher incidence of chronic diseases other than vascular
disease and cancer, however, it must be noted that most of us became vegans
as adults, and many of us had  more health problems originally than the
general population. I for one had heart disease at age 40 prior to being a
vegan, and could not walk up a flight of stairs without being dizzy and
huffing and puffing. Now at 57 I am a runner, and feel great.  It would be
important to sort out who had neurological diseases etc, prior to becoming
vegan.