Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:38:26 EDT

<< None of this proves anything, just thought I would share.

 Micheal >>

thank you, that's something I wanted to know

i don't think hunting for sport is necessarily healthy, or killing for sport
is healthy, but I wonder about the instinct, to hunt, and wonder what happens
when a person's survival instincts aren't developed, do they become overly
dependent?

personally, i feel humans would only hunt instinctively if their health and
survival depended on it, which is why i don't hunt and prefer to enjoy
animals.  i love the ones that are alive, and i can go to the store and buy
fish or something if I feel like I want it.

but if I couldn't go to the stores, and if my body cried out, I would be faced
with martyrdom, or hunting, which is I guess what I really mean when I refer
to hunting.

maybe we need to differentiate survival hunting that comes from hunger, and
hunting for sport, which might come from a variety of urges/feelings?

it's an interesting topic.  like I'm not into hurting people, rather the
opposite, but if someone attacked a loved one, or myself, I would protect
them, and the attacking person might get hurt in the process.  However, the
intent is not to hurt, just as the intent is not to hurt an animal if you are
forced to kill that animal for your own survival, the kill is innocent, you
are just feeding, whereas, if you are killing the animal just for kicks, or to
see it bleed, then that is sadistic, and no one is served by that.

I think that's why tropical hunter/gatherer tribes eat only a small portion of
their diet as meat, because their plant diet mostly nourishes them, whereas
Eskimoes are forced by their circumstance in life, to hunt constantly for
survival, not to hurt or kill animals for sport.

one learns a different appreciation for life, and death, and our relationship
to nature, when are body tells us to take the life of a creature in order to
save our own, that moment creates a sensitivity, whereas hunting just to kill,
just makes people numb to life, IMO

aaron